Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anything goes at Hasley Cemetery




Random Family Plots (and I ain't namin' names)
Hasley Cemetery
West Monroe, Louisiana
Hasley Cemetery is located in West Monroe, Louisiana on Arkansas Road. It's the cemetery where my dad is buried along with several other relatives, friends, and neighbors. The funny thing is the city of West Monroe seemingly has no zoning ordinances at all. You may see a great little neighborhood with charming houses, then a mobile home, a used car lot...or car junk yard. The same goes for Hasley Cemetery apparently. Several family plots have the addition of aluminum carport covers over them. I am not sure of the reason, I suppose it provides relief from inclement weather and protection of the grave itself. On the other hand I hate the cookie cutter style of cemetery where the flowers MUST be in a regulation style vase and no tchockes allowed. Personally I feel if you buy that real estate, it is yours to decorate however you please. But the covers, I dunno...it just looks like a "you might be a redneck if..." punchline to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment